With a great deal of experience in creating budgets and cutting cost, I think I can help guide Kiwanis financially. As a Kiwanis International-appointed five year growth campaign district chair, I want to be part of the decision-making process that will affect Kiwanis in a positive and prudent way.
What qualifies you to become an officer of Kiwanis International?
• Kiwanis 27 years, 20 Kiwanis International conventions
• District secretary/treasurer
• Distinguished: governor, lieutenant governor, club president
• District foundation president. Lead role in combining two foundations into one, included writing new bylaws and policies and procedures.
• Chairman of budget committee
• Several Kiwanis International committees
• Kiwanis-appointed district chair for the global campaign for growth
How will you leave your mark on Kiwanis?
When it is all said and done, I want to leave the Kiwanis International Board knowing that Kiwanis gained significantly in membership and remained financially sound while under my watch.
Born: Charlotte, NC
Present: Albany, GA
Eagle Scout; Scoutmaster
Married: 46 years, Cookie Young, Tallulah, LA
Two sons, four precious grandchildren
Education: Furman University, Greenville, SC, BA Business Administration
Church Affiliation: Baptist; deacon, trustee, finance committee, Sunday school teacher
Owner, Mini Warehouse complex
Kiwanis: 27 years, 20 Kiwanis International conventions
Contact Dewey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Consult his website. Connect with him on Facebook or LinkedIn.