You insure your valuables. Why not ensure your values? When you include the Kiwanis International Foundation in your estate plans, that’s exactly what you do. A gift through your will makes a positive impact on children’s lives—even beyond your own. And your estate doesn’t have to be large to make a difference.
Planned giving opportunities include:
- A bequest to our foundation through a will or trust.
- Life insurance that names the Kiwanis International Foundation as a beneficiary.
- A life income gift to our foundation that also provides lifetime income for you or your loved ones.
- Naming the Kiwanis International Foundation as a beneficiary of a retirement plan or IRA.
- An estate gift that deeds a residence to our foundation while retaining your full rights to live on the property for life.
Our foundation is here to help. We can work with you to determine a gift that makes sense for you and your family—while exploring the tax benefits that might be available.* Download the planned giving commitment form to get started.
Honoring your legacy
Our foundation takes special care to honor donors whose gifts transform their generosity into their legacy. That’s why we have the Heritage Society for members who make a documented planned gift of US$10,000 or more.
In addition, our foundation offers membership in the Mary and Bo Shafer Legacy Society—for members who make documented, planned gifts of US$50,000 or more. Named for Bo Shafer and his late wife Mary, the society honors a remarkable couple whose service and generosity have inspired fellow Kiwanians. It’s a wonderful way to share an amazing legacy with an exclusive group of donors.
For more information
To learn more about your planned gift opportunities, contact the Kiwanis International Foundation.
* The Kiwanis International Foundation does not provide legal or tax advice. Please contact your legal and tax advisors.