You insure your valuables. Why not ensure your values? When you include the Kiwanis International Foundation in your estate plans, that’s exactly what you do. A gift through your will makes a positive impact on children’s lives—even beyond your own. And your estate doesn’t have to be large to make a difference.
Planned giving opportunities include:
- A bequest to our foundation through a will or trust.
- Life insurance that names the Kiwanis International Foundation as a beneficiary.
- A life income gift to our foundation that also provides lifetime income for you or your loved ones.
- Naming the Kiwanis International Foundation as a beneficiary of a retirement plan or IRA.
- An estate gift that deeds a residence to our foundation while retaining your full rights to live on the property for life.
Our foundation is here to help. We can work with you to determine a gift that makes sense for you and your family—while exploring the tax benefits that might be available.*
Honoring your legacy
Our foundation takes special care to honor donors whose gifts transform their generosity into their legacy. That’s why we have the Heritage Society for members who make a documented planned gift of US$10,000 or more.
In addition, our foundation offers membership in the Mary and Bo Shafer Legacy Society—for members who make documented, planned gifts of US$50,000 or more. Named for Bo Shafer and his late wife Mary, the society honors a remarkable couple whose service and generosity have inspired fellow Kiwanians. It’s a wonderful way to share an amazing legacy with an exclusive group of donors.
For more information
To learn more about your planned gift opportunities, contact the Kiwanis International Foundation.
* The Kiwanis International Foundation does not provide legal or tax advice. Please contact your legal and tax advisors.