Who is eligible to apply?
Only Kiwanis-family clubs, districts and district foundations can submit a grant application to the Kiwanis International Foundation.
How do we apply?
Download the complete instructions and the grant application to get started. Download the grant application and save it to your computer. You can then open and complete your application using Adobe Reader. Using any other program may cause formatting issues and problems saving your work. You can download the current version of Adobe Reader for free.
Las instrucciones completas para solicitar una subvención se encuentran aquí. La solicitud para subvenciones de club y de distrito está disponible aquí.
Toutes les modalités pour la demande de subventions sont disponibles ici. La demande de subventions des clubs et districts est disponible ici.
When are applications due?
Grant applications postmarked by April 15 will be reviewed at the June/July board meeting. Applications postmarked by November 15 will be reviewed at the January/February board meeting.
How can we strengthen our application?
There are several ways to increase your chances of receiving a grant:
- Make sure your application fully answers all questions and includes all requested information. Incomplete applications cannot be reviewed.
- Do not send information beyond what is requested in the application instructions. Any such extraneous information will disqualify your application from consideration for funding.
- Explain how your Kiwanis entity is contributing both financial resources and volunteer time to your project.
- Include a balanced project budget.
- Ensure your budget is free from errors. Applications which contain budget errors cannot be reviewed.
- Specify in your project summary how this project will affect the lives of children. The Kiwanis International Foundation’s grants committee gives priority to projects that involve young children.
Who has received these grants?
To download a complete list of Kiwanis International Foundation grant recipients since October 2007, click here.
Who do we contact with questions?
For more information, call 1-800-KIWANIS, ext. 159 (U.S. and Canada) or +1-317-217-6159 (worldwide) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.