If you’re already in the holiday mood, you’ll want to pick up the October 2011 issue of Kiwanis magazine. There you’ll find 12 holiday project ideas—tried and proven by Kiwanis-family clubs worldwide.
But here are 13 extra ideas. Try them yourself.
1. Sponsor a house-decorating contest—Salamanca, New York.
2. Go caroling with your sponsored Key Club at a nursing home—Great Bridge, Virginia.
3. Write letters with K-Kids members and send them to troops overseas—Pocomoke City, Maryland.
4. Read the story of Kwanzaa to day-care students—Pompano Beach Westside, Florida.
5. Sell “turkey adoption certificates” to raise money to purchase Thanksgiving meals for needy families—Miramar-Pembroke Pines, Florida.
6. Take seniors on a bus tour of holiday lights—Golden Ears, Maple Ridge, British Columbia.
7. Sing and dance for persons living with mental illness—Caymanas Business District, Cayman Islands.
8. Answer children’s letters to Santa—Molalla, Oregon.
9. Bring Santa into town on a parade float—Berlin, New Hampshire. Or by airplane—Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
10. Help an agency sort donated gifts—Greater Chicago – eKiwanis, Illinois.
11. Present a “Santa’s Helper Award” to someone in your community who demonstrates the spirit of giving year-round— Campbellsville, Kentucky.
12. Replace toys and ornaments for a family who lost their home and belongings in a fire—Crescent City, Eye-Openers, New Orleans, Louisiana.
13. Serve a thank-you breakfast to schools involved in your Christmas food drive—Sterling Heights, Michigan.
Share your holiday project idea at email@example.com.