Photo credit: Rob Knight (licensed CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)
The thrill of the chase. The joy of victory. The challenge of doing one’s best. There’s no doubt that Kiwanis members are great sports fans. There’s entertainment value. Heartwarming examples of sportsmanship. And, oh yeah, the money.
When Kiwanis magazine collected fundraising ideas for its October 2012 issue, athletic endeavors stood out as a popular method of making moolah. Here’s a sample of ideas you’ll find in the October 2012 Kiwanis magazine. If you find an idea you like, click the link for that club’s advice for a staging a successful project.
- Table tennis tournament, Bradenton Christian High School Key Club, Florida.
- Nighttime golf, Clarksville, Tennessee, Kiwanis Club
- Canoe races, Manchester, Michigan, Kiwanis Club
- Night run. Taman Tun Dr Ismail Park, Malaysia, Kiwanis Club
- Bike ride, Picton, Ontario, Kiwanis Club
- Sport and ski equipment swap, Sammamish, Washington, Kiwanis Club
- Tricycle races, Aiken, South Carolina
Other clubs chose more sedate forms of entertainment:
- Father-daughter dance, Spring Hill, Tennessee, Kiwanis Club
- Kiwanis follies, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Kiwanis Club
- Silent movies, Capital City, Boise, Idaho, Kiwanis Club
- Murder mystery, Long Island Division, New York District Kiwanis family
- A lecture about maternal and neonatal tetanus, Kempten Cambodunum, Obserstdorf, Oberallgäu and Immenstadt, German, Kiwanis Clubs.