Discover community needs by asking the right people the right questions.
- Put together a team to conduct the initial community survey.
- Using the “Community analysis” form, develop a list of questions to help collect the relevant information. These questions should help determine needs that are currently being met by the club or other organizations and needs that aren’t.
- Set a timeline and assign each team member people to contact.
- Target knowledgeable community leaders. A good list of suggestions is available on the “Community analysis” form.
- Consolidate information in a report listing each need, the investment of money, manpower and time to meet the needs, resources available (including potential partnerships) and the benefits to the community.