Educate and equip leaders with tools
- Provide orientation and training to leaders to prepare them for their positions.
- Develop resources, such as training materials and guidebooks, to support new leaders.
- Instruct leaders on how to participate in online training offered through the Kiwanis website.
- Promote mentoring relationships. Once a member shows an interest in a certain leadership role, give him or her ample opportunity to spend time with the member currently filling that role. Future leaders learn much of what needs to be done from the best practices of past leadership.
- Let them learn by doing. Encourage interested leaders to take on short-term assignments with committees, developing their skills and interests as future leaders.
Helpful online resources related to training and education include
Club leader tools
Club leadership education
Membership Development overview