Kiwanis clubs often lose members who don’t feel engaged in club activities—and then drift away because nobody attempts to re-involve them. Before dropping a member who has not attended club meetings or participated in service projects, try to “reMEMBER” that person.
Try this five-step process as part of your club’s reMEMBER campaign this August and September:
- Review the club roster to identify members who have become inactive.
- Assign club members to contact “missing” members.
- Contact members by phone or with a personal visit.
- Invite members to attend a special meeting or project.
- Conduct a fun meeting to celebrate the club’s members and accomplishments.
- Create a “buddy system” to pair active and inactive members.
- Plan a special “Homecoming” meeting to celebrate club history and success.
- Schedule a service project with Service Leadership Program members.
- Offer transportation to the next club meeting or activity.
Send “we miss you” postcards to any member who misses two meetings in a row.