Suggested guest list
Inviting special guests to your Kiwanis One Day event is a great idea. It creates community awareness about your club and helps build quality relationships with local officials. Consider inviting these people if they have a connection to or interest in your project:
- Local public officials
- Local sports teams/personalities
- Local performers/bands (to perform at the event)
- School principals
- School superintendent
- Parent Teacher Association officials
- Faculty advisors for Circle K, Key Club, Builders Club, K-Kids, Aktion club, Terrific Kids, and BUG
- Restaurant managers/owners
- Bank managers
- Emergency Medical Technicians
- Grocery store owner/manager
- Newspaper reporters
- Radio celebrities
- High school coaches
- Neighborhood association presidents (especially in the area you are working)
- Local heroes or community members
Think about who makes a difference in your community and invite them to your event!
Suggested text for e-mail or postal mail invitation
Dear Jane Smith,
Greetings! On behalf of the [insert club name], please join us for Kiwanis One Day. On [DATE], members of our club [include others if applicable] will unite in a day of service to our community. Our goal is to [brief description of event].
Would you consider volunteering just a few hours of your time and making a difference in our community? [Include time and location.]
I look forward to seeing you and please contact me [insert contact information] with any questions.