Use the information gathered to determine which projects are a good fit for your club.
Look at each potential project keeping these questions in mind:
What if we did it?
- What if we didn’t do it?
- What type of impact: long term or short term?
- Is there any goodwill, public relations or marketing that can be gained by it?
- Is some other organization better equipped to meet this need?
- What type of a commitment is required: long term, short term, ongoing?
Look at each of your current projects the same way, keeping these additional questions in mind:
Does another agency offer the same services?
- Could we ask another group or agency to take on this project if we decided to dedicate our resources to something new?
- Are a significant number of people being served?
- Are positive public relations opportunities available to the club through its projects?
- Are members still interested in the projects?
- Does the community still value the projects as much as the club does?