Finance and liability

To get a sense of members’ financial obligations in the first year and subsequently, please see our New-club fees worksheet

In most areas of the world, nonprofit organizations must incorporate or register themselves with a governmental authority. Clubs generally have one year from the date on their charter certificate to complete the appropriate paperwork. review the standard procedure for incorporation, including Form A and Form C, of a Kiwanis club. Contact your district secretary to learn more about the requirements for your area. 

Members in the United States and Canada pay US$13 fee for general liability insurance and $4 for Directors and Officers (D&O) liability insurance. General liability covers bodily injury or property damage that occurs during a Kiwanis-sponsored function or activity. Learn more about how you are covered

Bank accounts and tax documentation (U.S. clubs only)
Clubs in the United States will be required to have an Employer Identification Number when opening a bank account. Clubs apply for an EIN with the Internal Revenue Service, which provides the number upon approval.  

Here are the documents you’ll need, as well as some guidance for completing the process. 

Opening a bank account process  
Application for Employer Identification Number Form SS-4  
Contact info for IRS  
Letter of authorization for group exemption reporting

Vision Partners

Be a Partner