Small grants can make a big difference! The Kiwanis Children’s Fund has a long history of collaborating with Kiwanis clubs to fill gaps in their project funding via club grants. But what about smaller clubs with limited service budgets? The Children’s Fund knows that small projects can have a huge impact on the lives of children, and so we are excited to launch our Microgrant Program!
If your club has 35 members or fewer and is in good standing with Kiwanis International and the Kiwanis Children’s Fund, you may qualify to apply for a microgrant of US$250-1,000!
Your project must:
- Be a service project enhancing the lives of young children and youth in your community.
- Support at least one of the three Kiwanis causes: health and nutrition, education and literacy, and youth leadership development.
- Be upcoming or in process (not yet completed) when grant payment is received.
Advantages of the Microgrant Program:
- Shorter application than the traditional club grant program.
- Less funding required from other sources. Matching funds will not be required.
- Shorter decision period. Applications received by the 1st of each month will receive a decision via email by the 15th of the same month.
- Faster distribution of funds. Distribution of the funds will begin in December of each year. After that, grant recipients will receive funds within two-three weeks of the application’s acceptance.
- Grants cannot be used for donations to organizations, salaries, scholarships/fellowships, sponsorships, training expenses, travel, lodging, capital construction projects or purchase of land/buildings.
- A report must be submitted at the end of the 12-month grant period.
- Once issued a grant, a club will be eligible to apply for another grant two years after submitting the final report.
Each year, the application period for the Microgrant Program is October 1 – July 1. Grant applications will be considered in the order received until funds are depleted. Applications are accepted through Foundant, the Kiwanis Children’s Fund grant processing system.
Please contact us with questions at email@example.com. You can also call 1-800-KIWANIS, ext. 225 (U.S. and Canada), or +1-317-217-6225 (worldwide).