From education and inspiration to fellowship and voting, a lot of opportunities are packed into our list.
By Julie Saetre
The 2024 Kiwanis International Convention will be July 3-6 in Denver, Colorado, U.S. Register now to join your fellow Kiwanians for the most dynamic event on the Kiwanis calendar.
Here’s why you don’t want to sit this one out:
- Insights and education. No matter what you and your club need to thrive, we’ve got the expert advice and inside information to help you reach — and surpass — your goals. Choose from a diverse lineup of workshops in key categories:
- Growing club membership and expanding club reach. Help members take ownership of club growth. Reduce conflict, eliminate apathy and reenergize your club.
- Financial stability and fundraising. Ramp up grant-writing techniques to secure key funding for more impactful service projects. Take a fresh approach to fundraising as clubs share how they reimagined stagnant fundraisers or created successful new ones.
- Succeed in cyberspace. Maximize your impact on social media. Combat cyberthreats and safeguard club information. Level up your Kiwanis experience through our new membership platform, Kiwanis Engage.
- Amplify your service. Learn club secrets for creating more meaningful, effective and sustainable service projects.
- Leadership your way. Wherever you are on your Kiwanis leadership journey, you’ll find motivation and mentorship for your current role — and preparation for the next levels. For leaders at the club, division, district and international levels, our targeted workshops will send participants home feeling inspired, prepared and empowered.
- Kiwanis family fellowship. Reconnect with Kiwanis friends and make new connections from around the world. The Kiwanis International convention provides plenty of opportunities to relax and socialize — from the Welcome Reception to the Convention Kickoff to the grand finale, Kiwanis Dancing Through the Decades. And be sure to stop by the Circle K International booth in Kiwanis Marketplace. Our university/college members are holding their convention alongside Kiwanis, and it’s a great opportunity to learn about their amazing service work.
- Kiwanis Launchpad: Embracing Change. Explore what’s possible when you and your club embrace change. Four internationally known speakers share secrets on nurturing lifelong club members and incorporating new ideas. Kiwanis Launchpads are short, high-impact and sure to leave you full of ideas.
- Kiwanis Marketplace. Find inspiration, fellowship, products and more at this convention hotspot. Here, you can register for the convention, browse booths from vendors and partners, shop for Kiwanis merchandise (including convention-branded items), ask questions, participate in service projects, pose for fun photos and visit Kiwanis candidates’ campaign booths. New to the Marketplace this year is the Membership Fair. Pick up tips from clubs that have added members! (Interested in exhibiting? Apply by April 15!)
- Inspiration. From the triumph of love over hate to the power of perseverance, our captivating conference speakers will motivate and move you. The opening session features Chris Singleton, a former professional baseball player who was 18 when his mother died in a racially motivated mass killing. He has dedicated his life to sharing his message of resilience, forgiveness and unity. In 2015, Diana Nyad achieved her 35-year quest of becoming the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida. She will inspire you to navigate your own challenges and opportunities during the convention.
- Annual meeting. Make your voice heard. You’ll be informed about the business of Kiwanis International, and delegates from clubs around the world will elect our next leaders and vote on amendments. Be in the room where it happens!
- Celebrations. From the Welcome Reception and the Convention Kickoff to the Dancing through the Decades last-night gala, you’ll have plenty of time to celebrate Kiwanis and the amazing work our clubs and members accomplish every day. You can personalize your experience by having breakfast with our Signature Project Contest finalists (and seeing who wins the big prize), enjoying lunch while celebrating the accomplishments of our Service Leadership Program participants and discovering what’s possible through the Kiwanis Children’s Fund. Then hit the dance floor with your fellow Kiwanians — in clothing that reflects your favorite decade. The eight-piece band Your Generation in Concert will perform songs from five decades of hits.
- Extras for early birds. The first 1,000 registrants for the full convention package will each receive a free ticket to see the Colorado Rockies take on the Milwaukee Brewers July 4 at Coors Field. After the game, stay for a special fireworks display. (Note: Transportation to or from the game will not be provided.) On Wednesday, July 3, a lucky group will go on a field trip with Landscape Structures to an amazing playground near Denver. Act fast — only 50 spots are available! (Transportation and lunch are included. Book the tour through your conference registration confirmation email.)
- Destination Denver. In the Mile High City, you can dine at award-winning restaurants, sip craft beer in one of many breweries, tour historical sites, join an ATV tour, take the family to Denver’s world-class zoo or its downtown aquarium — design your own adventure! Or use Denver as a starting point for exploring the Rocky Mountains, only two hours away from the city.